The AMP paper, A Suggested Molecular Pathology Curriculum for Residents: A Report of the Association for Molecular Pathology, by authors Dara L. Aisner, Anna Berry, D. Brian Dawson, Randall T. Hayden, Loren Joseph, and Charles E. Hill will be published in the March JMD. View the News Release View the Curriculum
Congratulations to Gary Procop and Karen Kaul who have been elected as President and Secretary, respectively, to the American Board of Pathology for 2016!
Trainee Volunteers Wanted: Applications for serving the Training & Education Committee as a junior member are now being accepted: https://ampvolunteer.secure-platform.com/a.
The AMP MGP Online Self-Study Review Course is available through December 31, 2016! Go to
http://www.amp.org/mgp2015/registration.cfm for more information.
Samuel Caughron and Aaron Bossler will provide an overview of coding, coverage and reimbursement determination processes for the free webinar, Molecular Coding, Coverage, and Reimbursement 101: A Webinar Presented by the Economic Affairs Committee, to be held on March 8, 2016 at 1:00pm (Eastern). Register to attend at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4905759571683966465.
Watch your CHAMP messages for AMP’s upcoming Spring webinar series!
AMP's educational collaborations continue with other organizations such as:
Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference 2016 (March 6-11 in San Francisco).
- March 6: “NGS Assay Selection, Validation and Compliance” short course presented by Eric Duncavage, Colin Pritchard, and Avni Santani.
- March 6: “Clinical Informatics: Returning Results from Big Data” short course presented by Eric Klee, Nilesh Dharajiya, and N. Sertac Kip.
- March 7: Keynote Session: “Why an Accurate Diagnosis is Fundamental to Health Care” with Elaine Lyon, Loren Joseph, and Linda Sabatini.
USCAP 2016 (March 12-18 in Seattle), visit: www.amp.org/trainees
- March 13: AMP Companion Meeting symposium, “Implementing Molecular Testing to Make Treatment Decisions,” with presentations by Eric Duncavage, James Cook, Jeffrey Klco, Christina Lockwood, and David Wu.
- March 14: Trainee Breakfast Reception
- March 15: USCAP/AMP Special Course: Molecular Diagnostic and Genomic Applications in Cancer: A Primer for the Pathologist, directed by AMP members George Netto and Karen Kaul.
ASCP 2016 Annual Meeting (September 14-16 in Las Vegas).
- AMP Collaborative Society educational session, "Molecular Diagnostics Primer," instructed by Cecilia Yeung.
CAP ’16 (September 25-28 in Las Vegas).
- “Sequence Gazing: Variant Calling and Interpretation for Next-Generation Sequencing” presented by AMP members Eric Duncavage and Ian Hageman.
Online Monthly (free!): ASCO/CAP/AMP Molecular Oncology Tumor Board Case Study Series. Go to https://connection.asco.org/discussion/breast-cancer-february-2016-molecular-oncology-tumor-boards to review February’s case study and post your comments on the discussion board. Previous months’ case study topics included Lung, PEComa, and Thyroid cancer.
For an up-to-date listing of AMP at associated meetings, visit: http://www.amp.org/meetings/associated/index.cfm
International Affairs Committee
Ted Schutzbank is the AMP speaker for the 5th Annual Conference of the Molecular Pathology Association of India (MPAI), to be held March 12-13 in Chandigarh, India (www.MPAI2016.com). Other AMP members speaking at the conference include Antonia Sepulveda, Priti Lal, Rangaraj Selvarangan and Rizwan C. Naeem. AMP member Bibhu R. Das serves on the MPAI organizing committee.
Applications for AMP’s 2016 International Membership Grants are now being accepted. Please see http://www.amp.org/awards_grants_honors/international_membership_grants_requirements.cfm for eligibility and application requirements. Submit an application online at: https://ampawards.secure-platform.com/a
Nominations are now being accepted for AMP’s three recognition awards: The 2018 Award for Excellence in Molecular Diagnostics, the 2016 Jeffrey A. Kant Leadership Award, and the 2016 Meritorious Service Award. Please submit your nomination(s) online at https://ampawards.secure-platform.com/a.