• The Nominating Committee is pleased to announce the 2012 Election results. Thank you to all the candidates for their willingness to serve. For a list of election winners visit: http://www.amp.org/documents/AMPELECTIONRESULTSFOR2013TERMOFSERVICE.pdf
• Nominating Committee Chair, Timothy O’Leary announced Wayne W. Grody, M.D., Ph.D. as the recipient of the 2012 AMP Leadership Award. This prestigious award will be presented during the AMP 2012 Annual Meeting on Genomic Medicine. For More information on the Leadership Award visit: http://www.amp.org/awards_grants_honors/amp_leadership_award.cfm
• The Membership Affairs Committee (MAC) has approved AMP support for several International Affairs Working Group (IAWG) outreach initiatives and meetings in 2012 and early 2013. These meetings will span the globe from Australia, Slovakia, the Netherlands, and Sweden. For more information on the IAWG and its outreach initiatives visit: http://www.amp.org/committees/membership_prof_dev/iawg/index.cfm
• The MAC is currently conducting a membership retention project; their personal outreach to colleagues always yields increased membership renewals. In addition, the MAC will launch a membership survey in late 2012 to evaluate member needs and how AMP can best serve the molecular pathology community. The MAC encourages all AMP members to invite their colleagues to join AMP! For more information on membership please visit www.amp.org/membership.
• The MAC is currently working on drafting proposals for two new awards for AMP members, the Outstanding Investigator Award and the Excellent Educator and Mentor Award. The Outstanding Investigator Award aims to award AMP members who have contributed breakthrough discoveries to molecular pathology. The Excellent Educator and Mentor Award would recognize AMP members who have substantially contributed to education and mentoring. Details to follow in future announcements from AMP.
• The Publications Committee welcomes and congratulates the recently appointed Electronic Media Advisors Dahui Qin, Mohamadou Sene, and Shalini Verma. The new volunteers will advise the Publications Committee and AMP Staff on electronic media opportunities and trends as they relate to molecular pathology and the AMP membership; and, they will monitor CHAMP 2.0 and make recommendations on improved usage...